Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Celebrating Family - one year later

On October 12, 2012 Evan John Grady officially, legally became part of the Grady family.

Today Evan John Grady and Miriam Grady you will be a family forever.  
Judge Economou

It was a VERY exciting day.   It was on that day that Evan and I became a forever family.

Our cake

standing with the judge - making it official!


enjoying the moment
craziness

We made it a whole year!  It has been an incredible journey so far.  Some day are easy, some days are hard.  But I wouldn't change it for anything!  I love my boy - who knows that he will be my baby forever, even when he's big and has his own family!

I love that he is growing in his love for the Lord; that he prays for others and has a sensitive heart; that he loves frogs, toads, lizards, and anything else that creeps or crawls or is gross; that he loves his family - all of his aunts and uncles and cousins; that he loves people; and that he loves learning.  And my heart still melts when he wakes up in the morning and crawls into bed with me.

This year I mentioned celebrating his adoption day, and while I expected joy - instead I got tears.   "But Momma, we already did that!  Why do we have to do it again?"  I tried to explain a little bit, but got the same response.

Instead, we celebrated our family - along with Mimi and Poppop.  What a change in attitude!!  He loved it.  He got to chose the dinner - mac and cheese and hot dogs and a vegetable - and the dessert.  He wanted chocolate and pumpkin.  (I found an awesome recipe for chocolate, pumpkin cheesecake bars!)  There were a few presents.  But he also got to choose what we would do.  We played Uno and Dominoes.  He even sang a song he made up about family (or flamly - as he says it).  It was a great evening!  I'm already looking forward to next year!


Here are are few pictures.  








No comments:

Post a Comment